Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Last One

It was time for our last boy to get his learners permit.   The day we went, there was a huge crowd.  It was the end of the month and I should have thought about that.  We stood in line to get our number and then waited.  He was called up for the eye exam and then given his information to take the test.  He went back to the computers, while I waited.  As I waited, a girl finished her test and then came to tell her dad that she had not passed and asked if she could try again.  Oh dear.  Not 2 minutes later another young lady came from the testing computers and with tears in her eyes, told her mom that she hadn't passed.  Was it going to be that kind of day?  Colby finally finished and stepped up to the desk, did he pass or not?  Why didn't he come tell me?  I finally got his attention and gave him a questioning look?  Did he pass the first time or was he facing the same fate as the 2 girls?  Then I saw the grin.  He passed!  Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment